As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Hale Habitat & Seed #ad
Deer& Wildlife Cover, Hale Habitat & Seed Big Bluestem Native Grass Seed, 2 lbs Pure Live Seed #adHale Habitat & Seed #ad
- Your hunt is in the bag - we deliver more quality seed for your money! Certified seed for maximum growth and habitat. 1 bag 2 lbs pure live seed plants approximately 1/4 acre.
Big bluestem is a warm season grass providing excellent deer cover. Big bluestem grows to heights of 7 feet, providing excellent wildlife habitat.
2. Outsidepride #ad
1 LB, Outsidepride Andropogon gerardii Big Bluestem Native Prairie Grass Seed #adOutsidepride #ad
- This ornamental grass reaches 4 - 7 feet tall and is often used in pots or flower beds but also makes a great plant for erosion control.
Big bluestem native prairie grass is a warm season grass that grows as a perennial in USDA Zones: 4 - 9 and tolerates full sun to partial shade. Andropogon gerardii has a reddish-copper color in the fall and a blue-green color in the summer along with purple flower spikes.
Our seeds are always Non-GMO and packaged for the current year. Sow these heirloom seeds in germination trays or broadcast over the desired planting area and keep moist until germination occurs.
3. MBS Seed #ad
10 lb Bag, Native Prairie Grass Mix #adMBS Seed #ad
- Contains switchgrass, buffalograss, Little Bluestem, Green Sprangletop, Sideoats Grama, big bluestem, Blue Grama and Indiangrass. For a high quality native pasture for livestock or wildlife, or simply for the beauty, texture and toughness of native grasses.
These grasses are native to the vast North American prairies for a reason: they work here. Able to tolerate the harsh weather conditions, they supported the native wildlife as well as the livestock of early ranchers. Planting rate: 10 lbs per acre.
4. Outsidepride #ad
Switchgrass, Indian Grass Seeds, 1 LB, Outsidepride Tall Native Grass Seed Mix of Bluestems #adOutsidepride #ad
- These native grasses are all excellent forage producers that make your grass selection natural which will require less fertilizer and other outputs.
Sow seed at 1/2 lb per 1, 000 square feet. This tall native grass seed mix is a combination of big bluestem, little bluestem, switchgrass, and Indian grass at 25% each. These species are the backbone of the prairiegrass ecosystem that once covered most of the central plains of North America.
You can not go wrong with these native grass staples which are heat and drought tolerant and will provide permanent cover and forage production. They are well adapted to both upland and lowland sites.
5. David's Garden Seeds #ad
Open Pollinated One Ounce Package, David's Garden Seeds Grass Bluestem Big Blue Non-GMO #adDavid's Garden Seeds #ad
- A much preferred grass for grazing animals. The stand is lush and self supporting. Germination rate about 80% or better. Seeds are non-gmo and hand packed by David's Garden Seeds in the Untited States of America. Grows in about 30 days.
6. Jocadew #ad
1 Oz Big Bluestem Seeds American Native Prairie Grass Clumping Ornamental jocad 10,000+ Seeds #adJocadew #ad
- Blooms from June through September. Growth is slow 1st year while developing deep root system. Germination in 30-45 days. Perennial. Height 36 - 96" x 20" wide.
Thin to 20". Spring, soil temp 70f+. Flowers are purple. Keep moist. Sow - broadcast thinly on surface, cover lightly. 1 oz big bluestem seeds american native Prairie Grass Clumping Ornamental jocad 10, 000+ Seeds. Full sun / p. Sun.
7. Outsidepride #ad
Outsidepride Little Bluestem Grass Seed, 1 LB #adOutsidepride #ad
- It furnishes dependable grazing and cured hay, but is not highly palatable. Little bluestem ornamental grass can reach heights of two to four feet tall and a patch of this waving in the wind is truly a wonderful sight for your landscape. This native prairie grass has a wide range of colors which are various shades of blue and green hues.
It is usually found associated with Big Bluestem native grass. It is especially valuable for erosion control. Little bluestem grass seed easily grows to produce one of the most popular ornamental grasses on the market today, and it is widely used in landscaping.
These colors turn to a striking bright red in fall and are are topped by fluffy silvery-white seed stalks. It is more drought resistant that Big Bluestem, and a smaller plant - usually not reaching much over 3 feet.
Little bluestem native grass is often used in wildflower plantings because it is short and mixes well with wildflowers for increased attraction. Little bluestem is a vigorous, long-lived native bunch grass, widely distributed over the United States; but most prevalent in the Central and Southern Great Plains. The leaves are up to 8 inches long, and not over 025 inch wide. Sowing rate: 8 - 12 pls lbs per acre or 1/2 - 1 PLS lb per 1000 square feet for ornamental plantings.
8. Everwilde Farms #ad
Everwilde Farms, 1000 Big Bluestem Native Grass Seeds, Gold Vault Jumbo Seed Packet #adEverwilde Farms #ad
- First quality native grass Seeds – Current Lab Test Data Shown on Packet. Bulk seed is excellent for immediate Planting or for Long Term Storage as an Emergency Seed Vault. Resealable/reusable zipper Bag – Perfect for Storing Excess Seeds.
Exclusive gold vault packaging – provides 3X Longer Storage than Paper or Plastic with Triple Layer Mylar Gold Foil. Detailed planting instructions on Back – Online Info also available via QR Code.
9. Roundstone Native Seed LLC #ad
True Native Seed, Big Bluestem Andropogon gerardii, Seed Packet #adRoundstone Native Seed LLC #ad
- A 4’ to 10’ tall native perennial warm season clump grass. Species is uS Native, not introduced alien. A principal grass of the Tall Grass Prairies preferring medium to moist soils and full sun sites.
Number of seed is Pure Live Seed, not bulk. Free shipping. Seed packet designed for 15 Square Feet of Planting.